Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Socoeito

First of all, I'd like to welcome anyone reading this. This is my first blog entry, and you're probably wondering, ok what the heck is Socoeito? Socoeito is an acronym that stands for Stream of Consciousness of Everything I Think of.

Why give it that name? Well, because "Socoa" (which would have stood for stream of conscious of anything) has already been taken (even though its meaning is completely different.) How do you pronounce it? Like so-kwee-toe. However you interpret that, then that's how it sounds. What will I talk about? Well, that's just the thing, there's virtually no limit to the range of topics. As my wife likes to put it, I like to A-D-D-out (as in I get into my own internal world in an ADHD sort of way) on things. And when I'm doing that, it's me having a conversation internally about anything from the structure of the universe to the weather or economics, or societal influences of technology and vice versa, or just you-name-it anything. The rule is, I'm not going to worry about whether or not I'm correct on any one thing or issue. The whole point here is to give me an outlet to develop my thoughts regardless of how they hold up to the academic world. Chances are I may even contradict myself from time to time. And guess what, that'll be OK. If things get too far fetched, then I guess I'll be looking for the edit or delete button. So, thats this in a nutshell. Oh yeah, one last thing: Don't expect things to be organized into neat paragraphs, expect to have lots and tangents about other things, and keep and open mind when you read. I do go back and make some minor edits to what I write (usually to expand on an idea, or remove obvious grammatical errors), but for the most part, I'll keep this in its raw form.

No comments:

Post a Comment